Thursday, October 13, 2011

One of the projects I decided to do for my birthday. Throw Pillow covers.
The set up wasn't too bad for a novice, however if you use the same pattern 
I suggest using a trim that is less thick unless you have a machine
 that supports the thickness.This is the site where I found the pattern.

How To Sew A Throw Pillow Cover In 10 Easy Steps





 I really need to dual cut things so they match up, cause pinning for me was a nightmare.

 First try, not so bad, but the second almost got thrown out.
 The finished product. I swear in the store the fabric looked green, which is
why the trim is a dark olive green. 
Turns out ity 's the same color as the couch.

 The back seam.
 Oh yeah, in case you haven't heard I bought a sewing machine
on overstock. Factory reconditioned Janome. Cheap!
Pretty basic, but if I get better I'll buy a better one.

1 comment:

Jesse.Amanda.Maelee said...

Good job! Those look great!! Maybe you'll be a sewer like mom.. not me I hate sewing!!